Tuesday, July 3

Patriotic Porch Re-Run


Today, I wanted to share with you our Patriotic Front Porch. The porch is being labeled “re-run” because it’s the same Rag Wreath and Uncle Sam that I made last year. I just loved both projects and since I was unable to make anything new for the porch I figured why not!

Patriotic Projects 2011 Collage
I really wasn’t planning on sharing my front porch this year (because it was a re-run), but this morning while working on my new Patriotic Mantle post, I realized that my blog friends have quadrupled since last July (thank you to each and everyone of you - I love my readers!) which means many of you probably haven’t seen these projects.

I think they are two of my all-time favorites and were the projects that jump started my confidence to blog about my crafting adventures. It is a hoot to look back at these old post and see how awful my pictures are and read my silly posts.

You can find my original post, instructions and inspiration HERE.

 Patriotic Rag Wreath w text header
You can find my original post, instructions and inspiration HERE.

Patriotic Porch
Unfortunately, I was unable to take any new pictures of the porch so I ‘m just using last years picture. What’s new from last year?? Well, my front door has since been refinished in a gorgeous dark espresso and I have beautiful red geraniums hanging in the flower bed.

Don’t you just love Uncle Sam?? I have a vision to make Pilgrims and a Mr.and Mrs.Claus using this same technique, I just have to find the time to play around with my templates. Who knows, maybe I will get my act together and make me some more holiday statues.


Tell me about your favorite 4th of July project….


Stay tuned tomorrow for my Patriotic Mantel Reveal and the cutest little Birdhouse!! 


Until Next Time…



Simpy AJ Signature w flower


Yellow Line
I’m linking both Uncle Sam and Patriotic Wreath to several parties listed on my sidebar…

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a lovely 4th of July. Your porch looks lovely. I really like Uncle Sam, what a great idea. I'm thinking Santa! Thanks so much for sharing. Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!I Thank you so much for stopping by my Nest!