Sunday, May 27

Birthday Bash… Birthday Balloon Wreath



Birthday Bash -  Part One 

Ballon Wreath

My Grandson recently celebrated his 2nd Birthday and I had the pleasure of making the party decorations. Our little man loves anything and everything tractors so you guessed it… Johnny Tractor was the honorary tractor theme for the party. 

I really had a blast creating the party decorations and I’m excited to share with you the collection of goodies I made. I'm breaking it down into a three (3) part series so it will be easier to share all the fun details. Plus, I'm long winded and tend to write novels when I post a project.

Here’s a peek at a few of the other projects…

Sneak Peek Collage 2 Pic

The decorations included an awesome Party Banner, Table Centerpieces, Goodie Bags and a fun Welcome Wreath. I love graphics/designing, playing with paper/glue, working with my Cricut and creating crafty items. Since I never know from one day to the next if I will feel up to crafting, I started working on these decorations weeks in advance. I'm glad I did because I wasn't rushed and had lots of time to rest and to play. 

Now for the best part, we were working with a tight budget so I managed to make everything for under $50 bucks!! More details on the bargains we (yours truly and my Daughter-in-Law) found will follow in Part 2 of this series. Lets just say that with a little bit of frugal planning you can find the best deals and can stretch your budget without compromising your ideas and party plans.

Before I get started, I want to add a special shout out of “Thanks” to my silent partner in crime. As many of you know, I struggle with a debilitating disability and sometimes, I need extra help just to do simple tasks. Many of the projects you see here at QomN are made possible because of my precious Daughter-in-Law’s help. She’s my right hand and works quietly behind the scenes making sure I can create and play without too much of a struggle. My sweet D-I-L drives me wherever I need to go to search for my bargains and lugs my wheelchair in/out without a single complaint, all while chasing around my all boy active 2 yrs. old Grandson. So, when I talk about “We”, now you will know (it’s not my imaginary friend – LOL!) it’s my awesome Daughter-in-Law. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful supportive family! Okay, Okay... enough mushy babbling. Let's Play!

Yellow Line
First up… Balloon Wreath 

Birthday Balloon Wreath with Title

This is what greeted our guest as they arrived… 

How crazy cute is this wreath!!

The wreath was a big hit and admired by everyone. Several guests wanted to know where we got it. Oh yeah, it was a good ego boost to see/hear their reactions when we told them... we made it! 

It was super simple to make and came together fairly fast; (this could vary depending on the size of your wreath, balloon sizes and the pattern/design you choose). I will warn you, these wreaths use a lot of balloons… like hundreds of balloons. Yes, you heard me right! This one used a little over 225 balloons (we lost count)! Sorry for the crappy pictures but the lighting and colors were hard to work with.

Okay, here’s the How-To for making a Balloon Wreath.

Supplies

Ballon Wreath Supplies Frame


Instructions:

1. Starting on the front side (top) of the wreath take a floral pin and one/two balloons, place them in-between the prongs of the pin and using the pin, secure the balloons onto foam wreath.

2. Continue adding balloons until the front is completely covered.

3.Next, add balloons to the inside rim of wreath and finally, completely cover outside rim.

4. Add your embellishments such as a sign or ribbons.

For my sign, I just printed off my picture, added text and mounted on heavy colored card stock. Then, glued a craft stick to back and add to wreath.  

Make sure the wreath is really full and if needed, gently fluff the balloons to make sure none of the foam is showing.

Balloon Wreath Supplies Collage Final Copy
Thats it… your done!

There are so many different versions of the Balloon Wreath on Pinterest and all across the web; in every color, shape and pattern. The possibilities are endless and these Wreaths really do add a fun element to your party decorations.

Visual Inspiration came from HERE: (Site is in Spanish but I only needed to see the picture of this perfect Wreath for an idea to spring to life!)

Wreath inspiration source
I used the tutorial from: How Does She / Birthday Wreath

Yellow Line
Part 2 of the Birthday Bash Series... Happy Birthday Banner.


This banner turned out better than I could have ever imagined. It was a true labor of love and worth every minute!!


Banner Sneak Peek

Can’t wait to show you… (insert happy dance)! 


Until Next time…

Simpy AJ Signature w flower


I'm Linking up to the awesome parties list on my sidebar... 
Come join in the fun!



YAY... This project was a Favorite Feature here:

IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

:the Grant Life





Here's a few of the awesome parties:

Home Stories A2ZLil\'LunaSomewhat Simple
Weekly Link Party @ Sew Woodys

9 comments:

  1. Wow your wreath looks amazing.
    What a lucky Grandson.
    Thanks for sharing the instructions.
    I hope you had a wonderful party.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I was planning on doing this exact wreath for my nephew's birthday in August. The theme is John Deere. I can't wait to see more details of your party. I'm stopping in from the bloglovin blog hop. If you get a chance stop on over to www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com. I'm hosting my weekly link party tonight and I'd love for you to join in. I'm so glad I found your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! How cute! I love the colors.. cant wait to see the rest!

    Thanks for linking up to Financial Friday! Im featuring your awesome wreath tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. l love it!!! Hopping over from the bloglovin hop. Following you on bloglovin now xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! I love the John Deere theme! I made one of these for my baby shower last July and I plan on making one for my son's 1st birthday in August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the John Deere theme! I definitely want to make one of these for my son's 1st birthday in August!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your balloon wreath and the colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well how fun is that? I love the John Deere theme and that wreath is so darling! Saw you at HOH and happy to be following you via GFC. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!I Thank you so much for stopping by my Nest!