Tuesday, April 26

Spring Pillows for my Nest

I am trying hard to get in a “Spring Fever” kind of mood and thanks to a little pushing from my sweet Daughter-In-Law’s things are starting to brighten up around here. 

We have been fabric shopping and thrift store hopping and web surfing for ideas to spiff up my nest.  It involves lots of paint, some pretty fabrics, paper crafting and a box full of picture frames…  

Pillow story…

We went to Hobby Lobby and (sweet Daughter-in-Law #2) convinced me to step out of my conservative and rather boring color scheme and try something new. So, I was a brave girl and bought this fun floral print to make a pillow or two for the family room sofa.  I rummaged through my bin of fabric remnants and found a few coordinating pieces and things just starting coming together.

Now, if you notice, my remnants are all boring and consist of mostly solids (love me some Tan and Kelly Green) but I happen to have the perfect apple green!  I plan to make several more smaller pillows and I want to find a fun color and pattern for them - More on those pillow in a minute!!


                

Anyway, check these sweet little babies out! I already had the feather pillow inserts (20x20) from Pottery Barn pillows bought years ago so I just measured, cut my fabric and sew… sew… sew.  I made a envelope style back to make it easy to take on/off for washing.  (I am OCD about having pillow and throws that can be washed regularly… I have two dogs that think they have all rights to anything that is placed on the sofa - they lounge round on pillows, throws and people just like it was made for them. YIKES!!)



So what do you think??  Spring has arrived at our nest !!

Other projects on the sewing table…
Since I have a sofa, loveseat and a few chairs to dress, I think several more pillows are needed. I surfed around and found a couple of  FREE” patterns that will work perfect. 

The first one I fell for is a flirty pillow by Pat Bravo  with “Art Gallery Fabrics”. She is an incredible fabric designer and has a great site with lots of inspiration and great tutorials – Art Gallery Fabrics .  I also follower her blog – Link Here. I am going to make two or three of these pretty little girls -  PDF here. I love the way they tie at all four corners (easy peasy to make too!)

FREE_flirtyPillows              
                                   credits

Here is the other pillow I just have to make … (wish me luck with this one!)  I just love the ruffles… what color???  I can’t decide – any suggestions???   
                             
IMG_5684editheader
The link and tutorial – here (V and Co is a really cool blog)

Well that’s all for now…  Spending the afternoon paper crafting – have a great idea for a baby shower gift. Will post when I get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!I Thank you so much for stopping by my Nest!