Monday, October 31

Haunted Mantel Reveal

clip_image002


Today is the very first Mantel reveal at Queen of my Nest  {Insert - Happy Dance}.

Mantel Full View New 2 edit


I am so excited to share this reveal with you for a couple of reasons.
#1 - I get to cross Mantel project off my blog “Bucket List”
#2 - I’m so pleased at how it turned out and lastly,
#3 - I am so over Halloween decorating and ready to move on to my Fall and Christmas projects.

Mantel Full 1 edit

First, I must make a disclaimer! Photographer… I am NOT!!!


I knew taking pictures of my Mantel was going to be hard enough but when you throw in a huge mirror hanging above it – well – it was downright challenging! I just don’t know how so many of you get such great Mantel shots because it just didn’t work out for me. Maybe one of you talented ladies would want to do a How-To for us camera illiterate gals. I’m just putting it out there. Anyway, the pictures don’t do it justice!!


Mantel Full View New 2 edit


I rolled a couple of projects into one big post and just thought I would do an overview because all of the projects are basic and very easy to put together. If you have any questions on what materials I used or any details, don’t hesitate to leave a comment or send me an email. I would love to hear from you!


Okay, let’s get started…


Ghost Tree 5 edit


Haunted “Boo” Tree


I saw several versions of Halloween trees around the web, some with ghost and others with spiders. Wanting to keep things simple and not too scary, I decided to make cute little ghost with googley eyes. This entire project cost $0 because I already had everything on-hand.
Ghost Tree 3 edit

The ghost were made from thin interfacing which I cut out using my Cricut (make sure you have a good sharp blade and use high pressure/med speed). I made several different sizes by using SCAL program and a SVG Ghost file from Lettering Delights. I used fishing line to hang the ghost.


The base was one of my clay square pots with a block of floral foam placed inside. I recommend using floral foam because it really grips the stick whereas Styrofoam tends to wallow out to easy. The Hubby went on a search for the perfect stick (took a few tries) but he found it. The black crows and cobwebs were my husband’s idea and he wanted to make sure he got credit for it… Ha - Men!


Ghost Tree 2 edit

Next up… Polka Dot Pumpkins


Basket 1 closeup edit


Aren't they adorable?
I just love the way they look nestled in the orange raffia.


Picked up a bag of cheap crappy small foam pumpkins for $1.00 (I think at Dollar General) and used acrylic paint to dress them up. Tied some twine on the stem and tucked them into a bed of orange raffia. The wire basket was a score from Target - found in dollar bin with the Halloween stuff. I had the raffia left over from my son’s wedding last year so the total cost for this project was around $2.00.


Basket 2 edit


Now onto to the “Boo” Banner


Banner Side view edit


This was my first time making a fabric banner and I think it turned out pretty good. The fabric came from Hobby Lobby, I fringed the ends and cut the letters out of black vinyl. I used twine to string it across the Mantel.


         Banner Fringe edit        Banner twine edit


Many of you will recognize the Subway Art  - I did a post on the distressed picture frame a few weeks ago, you can find it HERE.


Boo Frame Closeup1 Edit


Finally the candles – All I did was cut a witch out using my Cricut, glue it in place and tied the orange raffia around the candle base. Super easy way to dress up any candle.


        Candle 2 Closeup edit     Basket 4 edit


And one more picture…   I just love the clean simple look!


Mantel Full View New 2 edit


I hope you enjoyed the tour and you found some ideas and inspiration. I know it sounds silly to be excited over a Mantle and a few simple decorations but for me, it’s another step towards getting my groove back.

Now I have to get a move on with my Fall decorating. I have some great projects on the drawing board! 


Drop me a comment letting me know whatcha think!
Thanks so much for stopping by my Nest!


Until next time…


Simply AJ clip_image004

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!I Thank you so much for stopping by my Nest!