Sunday, September 11

We Will Never Forget

I didn’t realize how hard it would be to write this post. I started and stopped several times and struggled with my emotions today. As I watched the Memorial Services on television this morning, I realized that it could be 10 years or 20 years and I will still have a heavy aching heart.  

We all remember where we were and what we were doing that exact moment when we heard the news. We will always remember the day our lives changed forever. How can we ever forget!

9-11Button


My heart weeps for the people we lost that day… perfect strangers but yet fellow Americans.

My heart aches for the loved ones that suffered such loss… who’s lives were forever changed.

My heart is humbled for the first responders and others who now suffer from life threatening illness all because they stayed at Ground Zero until the bitter end.

My heart is proud for the Military Men and Women who fight for our freedom and who fearlessly die protecting us so that we will feel safe again.

No, we will never forget… We can’t!!

We must keep the memories alive and honor the spirits of all those lost.

We must support the survivors and take care of those diagnosed with illness all related to this unforgettable day.

We must educate our children so they can continue to keep the memories alive for decades to come.  

God Bless…

Simply AJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!I Thank you so much for stopping by my Nest!